Welcome!

Friday, February 19, 2010

A New Addition!


Well, it's been seven years since I had my last baby, and twelve years since we had our last puppy! The kids have been begging to get another dog. Violet is starting to really slow down, and has almost completely lost her hearing. We can never replace her! The kids need a dog who can keep up with them, though.

We saw some puppies a year or so ago, and visited the shelter, but nothing really caught our eye. Then, last week on a visit to Target, we saw some kids selling puppies outside. The dog they had was nothing special, but the girls said she had more at home. They are mostly lab, with 1/4 border collie, and maybe some Australian Shepherd mixed in. I thought it sounded like a good mix! So, I took the kids to see the other puppies the next day! They were absolutely adorable, and we were even having trouble picking one. The kids loved this one the best, and I'll have to agree he's adorable! We are picking him up on Monday!

2 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Congratulations on the new addition!

From The Owls' Nest said...

congrats on your newest family member....I am sure he is going to be a wonderful addition!!