Welcome!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Camp Scrap is in session!

I am very excited to participate in Camp Scrap 2015 with May Flaum, my current scrappy girl crush! Camp started on July 1, and I am already very inspired.  I would highly recommend any of May's classes! She's a fun teacher, and has such a no stress approach to papercrafting!

I created this card for the first card lesson.


Without giving away too much, I will tell you I used gesso and the Tim Holtz layering stencil "Rays" to create the background on watercolor paper. When the gesso dried, I created an hombre effect using three colors of distress ink and my blending tool. I then layered the other elements on top.  I like how the color radiates from the center of the sun's rays and embellishment cluster! I seriously love this stencil, and hope to use it on many more projects!

Keep posted for Camp Scrap more projects to come!  You may sign up for a Camp here. http://craftwithmay.com

5 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous! The colors are beautiful and I love the little buttons you added too.

Maura said...

Such a bright and sunny card, lovely!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Such a cheery card with great colours! :)

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

I saw your card in the Camp Scrap gallery, and recognized that stencil immediately! I LOVE what you did with this. I don't know that I've ever thought to use it on its side like that. Such bright & cheery colors, as well. If you don't mind, I would like to use this for future inspiration. Tfs! ~ Andrea