Welcome!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

2012 Family Vacation Album

Wow! It's been forever since I posted anything to my blog! I am hoping to change that, though.  I have been without a dedicated craft space since January first of last year, due to some remodeling projects going on at the house.  My husband finished my desk on Mother's Day, and I was thrilled to have a place to play again!

I  have kept busy during that time.  I've taken several classes, and done some limited scrapping.  The most exciting recent discovery of mine has been finding May Flaum's blog and classes. Since then, I have taken several of May's classes, including "Supplies on Hand", "Find the Art in your Journal", and the current "May's Guide to the Vacation Album".

This Vacation class has been ongoing since March, and has inspired me to complete an album for our 2012 vacation trip to Colorado.  I was so inspired by May Flaum's awesome "freestyle" methods, and by her infectious sense of fun!  I loved how she combined full 12 X 12 layouts with "Project Life" or faux Project Life style layouts.  I have been wanting to scrap all of the awesome photos from our trip three summers ago, and the class was just the inspiration I needed.  I did include two pages that I had completed soon after the trip, and have added several more.  Any photos I have that have not been scrapped, will be placed in divided page protectors until I am inspired to create another page, or where they can live safely, and be seen by my family (another awesome tip from May's class!).  Another bonus is that I have been able to use up some of my old scrapbook products that have been gathering dust.  I even used a few background pages I made for one of Shimelle's classes called "The Perfect Collection".  I had cut up a kit and made a bunch of pages, but only managed to actually use one.  This is icing on the cake!

I am already signed up for May Flaum's next class, "Camp Scrap 2015", which starts on July 1!  I am very excited to start that class, with zero down time between classes! 

Here are the pages I have completed so far:





   




1 comment:

petunia670 said...

Awesome vacation pages. I love some of these paper collections you've used. A few I'm hoarding myself!