Welcome!

Friday, July 10, 2015

July 2015 Counterfeit Kit


I'm excited to participate in the Counterfeit Kit Club this month!  This is a fantastic way to use up my enormous stash of scrapbook paper and other supplies!  This month's Counterfeit Kit features a kit by Scrapabilly, a German Kit Club (March 2015).  The color palette is monochromatic, with shades of  mint green, teal, cream, navy and brown.  I tried to stick with similar colors are in my kit, although I added a few more playful sheets, with more of a beach theme, and a dash of gold and red for contrast.  I think his will work well with my summer photos.   When searching for papers to use, I was shocked to find how many sheets I actually own of woodgrain papers!!  I added a few extras to create a few of the frames and journaling spots from the inspiration kit.

Paper and Alphas

I used eighteen sheets of paper from my stash including:  Three sheets from Pebbles Lakeside Collection - blue dot, wood grain, and floral, MME Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks "Love" Woodgrain and Fiddlesticks "You and Me" Damask, Crate Paper The Pier Brown Cork Dot, MME Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks "Story" Farmhouse, MME Follow your Heart "Be Amazing" Be Adored, and MME On The Bright Side "Blue Wood", Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Dew Drops, Pink Paislee Mistables Dictionary Text, Webster's Pages Western Romance Love Letters, Lilac House Weeping Willow, for Crate Paper Flea Market Found, Prima Madeline Collection Parkway, Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper - clouds and handwriting script transparency, Studio Calico Die Cut paper.  I also included four alphas including a blue/white striped Amy Tangerine Everyday, Dear Lizzy Glitter Foam Letters, Basic Grey small white letters, and October Afternoon Peacock Blue Sticky Keys.

Embellishment Kit
My embellishments include:  Tim Holtz Ideology Chit Chat stickers (not pictured), Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue Rosettes, Jillibean Soup corrugated butterflies, Studio Calico Die Cut Stickers, metal arrow clips, October Afternoon Washi tape, October Afternoon Sasparilla Little Flyers, MME The Sweetest Thing Bluebell "Bright" tiny word stickers and bluebell "Playful" label stickers, MME Follow Your Heart decorative buttons, layered stickers, and twine. October Afternoon Seaside Shape Stickers.

I'm hoping to really put a dent in some of these supplies for my summer photos and scrapbooking!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

That kit looks great - lots of depth with those corrugated butterflies and the rosettes. I am looking forward to your pages.

Janine Rachau said...

Looks like a great kit! Should be fun to play with. Looking forward to your creations.

Julene Matthews said...

This is a pretty kit and isn't it great when you have a matching paper?Love your embellies too. Enjoy using them.

cinmfoster said...

Great kit, love the rossettes and the butterflies.
Cindy F

LCSmithSAVED said...

Oh, yes... I could be VERY happy with your version!
Definitely has a bit of a breezy summer vibe.
Lots of variety & texture - yummy!