Welcome!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Welcome Home Banner and good use of scraps!

I wanted to share a recent project I made!  Last month, my daughter returned home from nearly three months in Europe where she studied abroad in Paris and London. As my husband drove her home from the airport, I suddenly had the urge to make her a welcome home banner.  Using some older paper from Pink Paislee "She Art" line, which I got in a paper grab bag some time ago.  I quickly planned out my banner. This line is perfect for my daughter, who is a bit on the hippy side. I cut several triangles out of each sheet of paper, and quickly cut out some large alphas from my old Cricut machine. I knew there was a reason I hesitate to get rid of that machine!! I glued the letters to each triangle, and then taped and stapled the banner pieces to string. It turned out very cute and festive, and I think my daughter appreciated it!


I was left with many oddly shaped triangles of scraps, which I adhered to a sheet of kraft card stock. I then sewed concentric circles of stitching to further secure the triangles down. The result looks like a large pinwheel.  This will make a lovely background for a future page, and was an excellent use of paper and scraps!

No comments: