Welcome!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

February "Love" Mini Kit

I want to thank Bethany and Meridy for asking my to join you all this month at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!  I was so excited when I heard what they were doing by having all of the Master Forgers, and a few guests create a page kit and share about their creative process.  I thought this was an awesome way to get caught up on some of those photos we all have laying around, that we may not have had a chance to scrap yet.  I was excited, as well, for the chance to create a page kit for February, the month of "Love"! 

When I think if February, the first thing that comes to mind is Valentine's Day, which is known for "love" themed projects.  Hearts and flowers as well as the colors pink, white, and red are common elements associated with the holiday.

For my page kit, I wanted to go for papers with a vintage shabby chic elegance that I find especially appealing.  I like the how grown up these are compared to the more cutesy quality of many Valentine papers.   Of course, if you have small children, you may want to go more in that direction.

I chose papers from three different manufacturers, but which all have the same distressed look.


Papers include:

Kaisercraft - Sweet Nothings Collection "With Love"
Crate Paper - Paper Heart Collection "Define", "Delicate", and "Valentine"
Glitz Designs - Pretty in Pink "Roses" and "Toile"
Prima - Madeline "Beautima" (half sheet)
Kraft Cardstock - Bazzill

I included embellishments which matched the color and feel of the papers.


Embellishments include:

Clear Stamps - Inkadinkado
Thickers alphabets "Rockabye" & "Marquise"
Webster's Florettes Princess Petals
Glitz Designs Pretty in Pink Giant Rhinestones
MME Miss Caroline Pins & Buttons
Jillibean Soup Sugar Picks
Jillibean Soup Corrugated Butterflies
Webster's Pages Whimsey Heart (pink)
Rose transparency (Glitz)
Tulle Ribbon

My sketch is from Page Maps - February, 2012.  I like how the background is split right down the middle, and how there are multiple layers behind the photo.  This sketch could easily be adapted to any style of page.


Here is the page I created using my kit and sketch.  I love how the papers worked so well with this photograph of my daughter and her boyfriend.  As you can see by my example, a "love" themed kit does not have to be used exclusively for Valentine's Day projects! 


Good luck getting 2012 scrapped!  I hope you are able to participate this month at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, with all the business and activities of the season.  I'm sure the Master Forgers have some fantastic ideas and inspiration to share with you!

2 comments:

Jimjams said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and what a title LOL :o)

Susanne said...

Lovely kit and page, Gabrielle.