Welcome!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

October Counterfeit Kit

I went back and forth on the October Counterfeit Kit this month.  Although I liked the inspiration kit by http://www.gossamerblue.com, I was really in the mood for something with a Halloween theme.  It seems like very few kit clubs are offering Halloween kits anymore.  I ended up buying the October Afternoon Witch Hazel line from Two Peas because all of their Halloween items were on sale for 25% off.  That satisfied my need/want for holiday themed papers, and so I was able to finish putting together this kit without obsessing about it too much.

Inspiration kit (Gossamer Blue September, 2012):


I had a few sheets of paper from the inspiration kit, and did use those.  I also included more pages from October Afternoon Woodland park collection, because lately I just can't seem to get enough of October Afternoon, despite all the controversy over their never meeting their release deadlines.  I still think they are one of the best on the market.  In fact, I included an old, old page from another OA line from 2007 in this kit, and I bet you can't even tell which one!!  I threw in a few other assorted sheets of paper and some cute embellies to finish it off.  I quite like how it turned out!

My counterfeit:


3 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh I see lots of lovely goodies in your kit; and I noticed you included several alphabets - that can sometimes be the trickiest thing for me.

glorygirl said...

Nice job on the kit! Looking forward to seeing your creations! I challenged myself to scrap some fall photos with my kit and am pretty happy with how that worked....after being not so sure at first, with no orange in my kit! Can't wait to see your creations!

mandysea said...

wow you've matched your kit sooo well!