Welcome!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

I've just return from "The Sanitarium"

No, it's not what you think! Although I may be nuts, I haven't been institutionalized lately! My hubby and I just celebrated out 19th anniversary. After much planning and scheming, we were able to arrange child care for all four kids, with their friend's families. We decided to stay local, and visit a B & B in San Luis Obispo called The Sanitarium. I was intrigued by the photos of the Victorian home painted floor to ceiling in white, and which has some "medicinal" decor! We spent a very rainy weekend, relaxing at the inn, enjoying all the artwork, and going out only to eat and do a bit of shopping. St. Patrick's Day was pouring rain, and the drunks were busy at the bars by lunch time.

The people who run the Sanitarium are working artists, and the place is filled with their paintings. The inn had very strong coffee, the sheets smelled like lavender, and it appealed to our "artistic temperments". I would love to go there again!

Here are a few photos of our stay. I'm trying to imitate Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, who frequently takes photos of paintings that inspire her.

Our room: I liked this typewiter series:I love this mermaid.This Dali portrait was right outside our room. We found it charming!

1 comment:

marta traughber said...

Looks like a wonderful place!