Welcome!

Friday, May 27, 2011

May Counterfeit Kit Challenge Design Team Blog Hop

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Design Team blog hop for May! You should have gotten here from Lisa's blog. If not, please go back to the challenge blog, and start over.

This month's blog hop challenge was to get inspiration from your favorite manufacturer's blog. My all-time favorite manufacturer is October Afternoon!! I am so in love with their products, I feel compelled to buy almost every line they release. Looking through the blog, there are so many lovely projects, that it was hard to narrow it down to just one! So, I chose two, which are very similar in feeling. What I admired about these pages are the neutral backgrounds, layers, and clusters of embellishments.

Because my kit has a much brighter color palette and because it is a boys page, I had to improvise on some things. I'm happy with how it turned out for the most part. I was able to use more of my handmade embellishments and other stuff from my kit. I also got a chance to play with my brand new charcoal Maya Mist, which was very fun! I wanted some big drips on this page, so I took the top off, and shook the end of the nozzle tube to make the larger drips. I also sprayed once or twice, for good measure. I love that the mist is such a nice dark color!

Here is my version:

I also found this free printable, that some of you might enjoy! These cute little Father's Day cards feature some very sweet boys and girls, that reminded me so much of our inspiration kit this month! Have fun with it!

Your next stop on the DT blog hop is Meridy. Enjoy the rest of the hop!

26 comments:

Mary B said...

what a delightful page love the fun that this portrays perfect for the photos.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

love it! I have both of those layout pinned :) You did an awesome job at counterfeiting them. Thanks for the link to the printable too!
*meridy*

Jimjams said...

Fabulous page - really stunning (and I prefer the photos on it to the over-processed ones on the originals tbh).

Jennifer Grace said...

Great layout, really good scraplifting! All the elements you've used work so well clustered together, and I love the spritzing! x

Lesa said...

I love your color combinations!! So sweet and the banner is fab!! Totally nice job!

Susanne said...

Great layout - love that misting in the center. Well done.

Margie said...

I love your banner and misting! Great work!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oooh. A new manufacturer to me, and I love it! Thanks for introducing me to October afternoon. Love your project, too.
Rinda

Jennifer Shaw said...

A wonderful LO!!! Loving the double banner!! Great layering and clusters ~ my favourites!!

Tricia said...

Your layout is wonderful! I love the bright, happy colors with those fun photos. Great lift!

ms.schwiet said...

Super cool page

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Beautiful layout, Gabrielle! My favorite part is the banner-love how you alternated the patterns! Thanks, too, for the link to the printable. Those cards are so cute!

Unknown said...

I don't know where to begin on lovin this page! From the mist (I *need* that one!) to the banners, the colors, everything is so much fun! I would love to lift this if you don't mind :)

Lisa said...

Really cute layout. I love the doillie embellishments. Love it you have inspired me to do a layout like this!

Kim Strother said...

I love OA too and I saw this layout and bookmaked it to lift. I think I might love your take even more! Great Job!

Crystal said...

I think, no I know, you nailed it! Great job! I love that color of mist, thanks for enabling; time to see if I can make it myself!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Such a fun whimsical page! Love the misting and the banners. Well done! xoxo

A Creative Operation said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Missus Wookie said...

oh the misting and droplets give a neat touch. I like your version :)

redmom said...

Kim this is amazing!!! I love every little detail you put onto your page!!!

Razzled Scrapper said...

Really great take on you layout.

m1ch3113lee said...

love the layouts..

Jen Cro said...

I love all of the random little bits, like the dials and fence. It is a great lo.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Thanks for the printables link. The page looks great!

scrappymo! said...

Love the double banner and the misting over it. The little sun and the compass are great embellies. Looking good here!

scrappymo! said...

Love the double banner and the misting over it. The little sun and the compass are great embellies. Looking good here!