Welcome!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Counterfeit Kit Challenge July 2015 Blog Hop!!

I am so excited to take part in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop this month!!  Welcome to my blog!  You should have come here from Leslie's blog, and I hope you have enjoyed all of the amazing projects so far.  If you would like to start from the beginning, you can start at here
 
I was inspired by Challenge #3:  Project Altering Experience - Alter an embellishment to use on your project!
 
I really wanted to use the Jillibean Soup corrugated shapes from my embellishment kit to create something, and originally thought of using the butterfly shapes.  Then, I noticed the little banner pieces.  I would never use these ordinarily, so it struck me that these would be perfect to create into a lovely embellishment to use on a project!  Our neighbors just had a baby, so I decided to make something to embellish a card to celebrate the birth of their new baby boy!  
 
Products used (all from my kit):
 
Jillibean Soup Corrugated Shapes
My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart" decorative buttons and twine
October Afternoon Seaside Shape Stickers
Thickers Foam Alphabet Stickers
 

To create the altered embellishments for my card, I layered all the elements on top of the corrugated shapes, starting with the flat stickers, then the foam alphabet stickers, and finally the buttons.  I threaded the buttons with the twine before gluing them.  I also used the small set of white alphas to spell out "welcome" on my card.  Lastly, I glued the banner pieces on top of another piece of twine to make a cute clothesline style banner.  I secured everything with liquid adhesive (PPA matte) for extra strength.

Here is the card I created with my altered embellishments.  I love how it turned out! 



I also created some Project Life style journaling/filler cards, using the woodgrain paper from my kit, which I cut into 3" X 4" pieces.  I used a bunch of very old rub-ons from my stash to create the sentiments.  After transferring the run-ons to my cards, I coated them with a layer of Perfect Paper Adhesive in Matte finish.  This works very well to make sure the old rub-ons do not pull up, and blends in perfectly to the paper.  This adhesive also is completely invisible when dried.  I'm excited to use these cards on my Project Life pages!


Thank you for stopping by my blog on the CKC Blog Hop!  I hope to see you again soon!  Your next stop on the hop is Roxanne's blog, where you can admire her fabulous creations! 

11 comments:

Janine Rachau said...

Such a cute "Welcome Baby" card! Great Project Life cards too! Great ideas.

Susan said...

Adorable baby card! I like your PL cards too and thanks for the tip about coating the rub-ons - great idea.

Susanne said...

Nice job, so much detail on that card!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Oh, my heart. Those layered banner pieces are so textural & creative! I love the look. So glad you joined in on the hop this month :-)

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is so cool :) The card is fantastic and the altered letters look great :) Good job on the PL cards too :)

Lisa said...

the layering is so great - what a fabulous idea - bet your neighbour will be delighted! And the PL cards look great - always a good idea to have some on stock. Super job

Roxy said...

Oh my gosh, these projects are FABULOUS!!! Your card turned out just beautifully, and those Project Life cards - Awesome! Nice job!!!

Julene Matthews said...

A pretty card which will be delightful for your friend to see.Fantastic!

JulieJ said...

Great alterations for that card and you did so much better than I did coming up with all those sentiment cards.

airing cupboard crafts said...

Your card is stunning I love all of the detail x

Unknown said...

Love what you have done with the corrugated shapes - great DIY embellishments! I also love how you used rub ons on the PL filler cards! So pretty