Welcome!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Wonderful World of Color Challenge #2 - Color Recipe Challenge


Here is my first challenge for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.  I started with Challenge #2 because I had the perfect photo in mind for Jemma's recipe challenge, which is as follows: "My recipe challenge to you today is to make a palette from the following ingredients: I want you to feature BLACK and/or WHITE (or mix them to make GREY) along with shades of ONE other COLOUR."



I chose to use black and white and only a pop of red in the title and the red from my son's shirt in the photo.  The journaling describes how my youngest currently hates to have his photo taken, and rarely smiles for pictures.  I used a sheet of paper from my kit, wood veneer stars as embellishments, and a bunch of Midnight Project Life cards from my stash.  I figured the wood stars are more of a neutral, and would still work with the challenge.  Thanks for the fun challenge!

7 comments:

Jimjams said...

WOW what a stylish page Gabrielle - very masculine & determined. The red is just enough to liven it up.

Chidkid said...

Fabulous.. love that myriad of stars!

Lesley G said...

Love it, the photo really pops off the page :)

Tina Campbell said...

Wow so bold and masculine layout really draws out the color of the picture :)

Angela Toucan said...

stunning page, well done

Susanne said...

Kudos on laying that out so all those patterns work. Very nicely done.

Virginia said...

wow that really pops - love the splash of red