Welcome!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

August Challenges at LPSC!

Are you in a rut? Try one of the weekly challenges at Life Preservers Scrapbook Club to give your creativity a boost!

August weekly challenge #2 - Make a positive from a negative:

This is one my favorite photos I took during a recent family reunion! I just love the faces of the two girls, who look so much alike when they are side by side. Using the #2 August weekly challenge from Life Preservers, I was able to scrap it! Lisa's challenge was to use make a positive out of a negative, or use something unusual as a "mask" on your page with spray mists. I used some heart shaped doilies I have to create the lacy background for this page.

The French title was inspired by a past month's challenge to use a title in a language other than your own. I thought it was perfect because the girls are so pretty, and the only girls on that side of the family.

August Week #3 Challenge - LPS in the House!

Sharon's challenge was to use one of the LPS kits to make a decorative item for your home. I have coveted these pretty paper garlands I've seen around, and decided to give one a shot. I used papers from 5 different October Afternoon kits, punched circles from the paper, and sewd them together using a straight stitch on a sewing machine. It was so easy, and very pretty!

No comments: